Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Answering the Call



Lately, I have been thinking about God handing out assignments and people receiving the message.  Too many times, the response is, “I don’t like this assignment.” 

Mind you, we are the same folk who tell God “I just want to do your will,” but when he reveals it, we are not always happy.

It took me at least ten years to make peace with my specific call to ministry.  I had a plan while in seminary for my life to unfold a certain way.  

However, 10 years post-graduation and I am just making peace with the specific way and reasons God has placed me to minister where I am.

“Your mess is your ministry,” I can still hear my friend Rev. Dr. Monique Carter say to me.  I silently hoped she was wrong.  I have had ten years to finally admit -- she was right.

Although we may have silent dreams to be successful, famous, productive movie stars, ballerinas, football players, etc. -- the hustle and flow of circumstances, choices and decisions can produce results we did not count on. 

Yet, it is all part of God’s plan.

There can be many reasons and excuses that keep us from answering the call, but call them what they really are:  shame, stigma and regret.  

Today is the day.  Do something different.  Better yet – think different so you can do different.  Then, trust God to guide you.

Be blessed,
Mystic Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts to share? Well, please share...inquiring minds want to know!